Mondays, September 25 to October 30 | 4:30pm-6pm
Have you ever completed a walk or a drive and not remembered any of it? Reacted to a loved one, colleague, or stranger in a way you later regretted? Walked into a room and couldn’t remember why you were there? Experienced crippling overwhelm?
These are all common experiences, and mindfulness practice can help mitigate all of them. Research shows that mindfulness can help reduce stress, increase focus, improve sleep, support weight loss, lower depression, enhance intuition and creativity, and boost performance.
Mindfulness is developed through practicing awareness. In these classes we will explore a series of activities that bring focus and attention to the present moment. These exercises will help you understand yourself better, so that you develop a new relationship with the causes of stress in your life, leading you to a deeper sense of calm, wellness, and happiness.
What you will learn:
- Understand the basics of mindfulness meditation
- Learn a variety of methods for practicing mindfulness;
- Integrate and apply mindfulness into your daily life;
- Identify ways to continue cultivating mindfulness;
- Understand the foundations of mindfulness mindful living;
- Learn about the benefits of a regular practice.
Absolutely no experience or prior training is required. Come as you are.