Administrator/Center Manager Position Description
InStill Mindfulness is a non-profit based in Pulaski, VA committed to cultivating a mindful world for all with kindness, compassion, and care through education, action, and community. We are committed to prioritizing Pulaski community members in our hiring. We are seeking a capable individual connected with the Pulaski community who will work directly with our Executive Director to co-manage administrative duties and the InStill Center for Wellbeing.
In this part-time role the successful candidate will be provided opportunities to develop skills in a broad range of areas.
Responsibilities & Duties
Reports to: Executive Director
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operations of InStill Mindfulness and the Pulaski Center for Wellbeing.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects and expediting work results.
- Supports Executive Director by performing tasks related to organization and strong communication.
- Carries out administrative tasks including responding to inquiries, meeting planning, office organization, bookkeeping, database management, reporting, and other tasks as required.
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends.
Required skills and abilities:
- Engaged in a regular contemplative practice or willing to develop one.
- Demonstrable connection to Pulaski County.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Zoom, and QuickBooks.
- Ability to use and/or willingness to learn Google Drive, OneDrive, Mighty Networks, Network for Good, and other software packages.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexibility, curiosity, and enthusiasm.
- Experienced in working autonomously and with minimal supervision.
- Experienced in working within a non-profit setting.
Pay and benefits:
- This position averages 20 hours per week, paying $18 per hour.
- Significant discounts to attend mindfulness retreats.
- Multiple opportunities to develop your contemplative practice.
- At least 12 hours per week will be in-person, with opportunities for remote work in some of the remaining hours.
Please send your application, including your resume and responses to the position description, to firstname.lastname@example.org